February 18, 2016 at 12:26 pm #643February 24, 2016 at 10:48 am #649
Hi there! Some of the great apps showcased or recommended at last night’s iPad Project Coffee & Dessert Cafe can be found on the iPads in the Early Years Resources page, in the Resources & Links area.March 8, 2016 at 3:45 pm #662
PicTapGo is one of the apps recommended by Joanne Marie Babalis, a kindergarten teacher, teacher-librarian, PhD student, AQ instructor at York University, and facilitator of the Thinking & Learning Time Made Visible: iPhoneography & Portfolios sessions offered by the ECCDC. It has lots of stackable filters and crop tools and works fast; great for quick photo-documentation!April 26, 2016 at 5:46 pm #664June 28, 2016 at 9:36 am #668
Some tips for good photodocumentation:
November 25, 2016 at 3:44 pm #723
- A photo should centre on the meaningful content, not “space”; try to frame subject.
- Watch your angles – sometimes a birds-eye view is better than at your subject’s level, and sometimes not.
- Use filters for interesting effects.
- Take caution regarding permissions, backgrounds, security, anonymity.
- What the picture is to be used for determines how casual or formal it should / can be.
- Pre-plan your photos but also take impromptu ones – they can always be cropped, which often makes for the best captured moments!
Here’s an article you might find interesting, forwarded to us by Dane Marco di Cisare, our iPads in the Early Years training sessions facilitator: Seven Myths About Young Children and Technology.December 14, 2016 at 11:41 am #733
To aid your photo documentation, some tips for good photos from Shari Hill, Early Learning & Resource Consultant here at the ECCDC: keep them simple; make sure lens is clean; look at others’ collections, magazines, movie cinematography; learn a new photo technique and test it out in an ordinary, every day situation; make a neutral, uninteresting subject become interesting; commit to taking one photo per day and when you do, look in all directions; look online for photo challenges for inspiration!